[CLUE-Tech] back to my monitor question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri May 17 09:42:20 MDT 2002

Ok, you people remember when I asked how to keep my monitor from going
black after about 10 minutes so I could actually use my screensaver?
Well, some people suggested that I look in my Xconfig settings - but the
problem was at the console level, not the X level.  So, I eventually
found out about setterm:

man setterm

That says that if I run this "setterm -blank 0" that my screen won't go
black after time - which is what I was trying to ask how to do.  So, in
case anybody wants to know, that's how I did it.
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com