[CLUE-Tech] Star Office, MS Office and converting PS files to PDF files

Ski Dawg skidawg at totalspeed.net
Fri May 17 17:30:28 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 09:17, Keith Hellman wrote:
> I whole-heartedly concur with the approach; unfortunately I've run into HR
> people that refuse to accept PDFs.  They only want word documents, so have
> a reasonable and well crafted explanation on hand...

I was told at one time of a way around this (sort of). Create your
resume as an .html document. Get the formatting just the way you like it
and then change the extension to .doc instead of .html. Then when
someone goes to open it in MS Word, Word's converters will automatically
import the document and the person viewing it will be none the wiser.

Doug