[CLUE-Tech] Star Office, MS Office and converting PS files to

D C skidawg at totalspeed.net
Fri May 17 18:00:24 MDT 2002

| > I was told at one time of a way around this (sort of). Create your
| > resume as an .html document. Get the formatting just the way you like
| > it and then change the extension to .doc instead of .html. Then when
| > someone goes to open it in MS Word, Word's converters will
| > automatically import the document and the person viewing it will be
| > none the wiser.
| >
| > Doug
|
| Doug --
| Have you tried this? Sounds to easy?
|
| David

I haven't tried sending my resume that way, but I have opened .html
documents in word and it opened them with no problem. (I just tested this
again with Word 2000 to make sure that I am telling you correctly). There is
a couple of small things when I did this. First it asked my if I wanted to
make M$ Word my default web page editor. Second, it took a second or two
longer than usual to open the page, but anyone opening a resume most likely
won't notice the time difference.

Doug