[CLUE-Tech] "Where the beef" with Sun/Cobalt?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat May 18 13:09:05 MDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 12:46:43 -0600
Mike Benavides <tipsrules99 at attbi.com> wrote:

> >>Gentleman,
> >>
> >>The answer could be found with Sun's departure of the Linux
> >>supporter's in managament shakeup.
> >>"SearchSolaris:  Analysis:  Sun Execs Could be Quitting  Over Linux
> >>Strategy"
> >>
> >Or not ...
> >
> >http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/14/1647234&mode=nested&tid=102
> >http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/09/0242219&mode=ne
> >sted&tid=102
>
> I remember that those articles.  Thanks for the links.  I am trying to
> pin point Company that bought many Cobalts then they suddenly dropped
> them from their server line up in favor of IBM servers Linux and
> windows.  Was it a Slashdot story?
>
> Mike

I don't recall that. However, when you look at the performance of
Websphere (first mentioned here by you?), it isn't surprising. I recall
hearing mixed comments about Cobalts.

jed

--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine