[CLUE-Tech] python and pygtk

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 08:30:17 MDT 2002

I know that for wxWindows, the lions' share of the documentation for the
python interface is just the wxWindows documentation.  The python wrappers
follow very closely the underlying implementation.

It's well known that this is sub-optimal, but if noone has time to
document wxpython, then noone has time...

It sounds like you may be in the same hitch with gtk.  I would suggest
looking for GTK specific documentation first, see how it is done in C/C++,
then fire up a python interpretter and experiment with the same method
calls till it works.

Another approach would be to use the GTK layout tool (glade) to see how it
manages the UI effect your after.

Incidently, there is a local python mailing list (Front Range Pythoneers)
hosted by www.tummy.com.  The group just finished its last meeting
yesterday (3rd monday of the month), the organizers are taking the summer
off, and they will resume in September.  I could swear I've seen your name
on the list before, so you may already be aware of this.

HTH
--- Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:
> Anyone else using python to develop gui screens?
>
> I really like the pygtk interface, but there is a dearth of actual
> documentation and sample programs to make it completely usable.
> Anyone know of any additional documentation/samples other than that
> found via Google (depressingly little).
>
> What I'm looking for at the moment is how to group radio buttons so
> that only one is allowed to be depressed concurrently.
>
> --
> Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
> gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla

=====
Keith E. Hellman
kehellman at yahoo.com