[CLUE-Tech] Wine

Kurt Sturm hezzdown at globalynk2000.com
Wed May 22 14:33:14 MDT 2002

OK, here is the deal. I just installed wine on my Mandrake 8.2 box, so
that I could run some games and such. My system is set up right now to
dual boot between Mandrake and Windoze 2000. But when I attempt to run
wine I get the error message at the terminal saying........

Invalid path 'c:\windows' for windows directory: does not exist. Perhaps
you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration file.

Well I checked out the Wine config file and checked to see what it was
set at. It seems to be correct but still no go. The file reads as
follows for the windoze drive........

"Path" = "/mnt/windows"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

Should I be using VFAT for the filesystem instead? Not sure how to get
this set up correctly, anyone have any ideas?
--

Kurt Sturm
Degree: Associates of Applied Science