[CLUE-Tech] A small request for the list.

Joe Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 07:41:03 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> I'd like to request that folks using this list do not "top-post" their
> replies. Placing reply text at the top of a message makes it more
> difficult to follow the discussion, particularly when the thread gets
> longer, and there is a mix of top/bottom posted replies. Many mailing
> lists actually have a prohibition in their FAQ or rules against top-posted
> replies, and of course, the debate is always going on in usenet someplace.
>
> Thanks, everyone, for their consideration here.

Hear hear!

I'd like to add a comment to this, as well. If you're going to reply to
one sentence at the bottom of an email, be nice enough to trim the
remainder of the mail so people don't have to scroll several "pages"
just to read "me too!" or whatever. I've seen a few instances where
people subscribe to the digest list and add a comment at the bottom of
an entire day's worth of messages. That's truly annoying, and not very
considerate of others.

It may take a little more time, but it really does make browsing the
list more pleasant.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe