[CLUE-Tech] Wine again

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun May 26 15:39:21 MDT 2002

Kurt Sturm wrote:

> Well I am still fighting to get wine up and running and still yet no
> luck. I got a download from the wine site called winecheck and ran it.
> attached is the results from the check. Can anyone help me out with the
> errors that need to be fixed?

I know nothing about wine.  But since you don't seem to have gotten any
other answers yet...

014.  Checking Path option... SUSPICIOUS (directory /tmp/orbit-root is
not accessible for you).
020.  Checking Path option... SUSPICIOUS (/ is not writable for you).
- ADVICE: If your user account is supposed to be able to access it
properly, use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod"). If that doesn't
help, change mount options in case of VFAT ("umask" option).

If you didn't run the script as root, these two should be nothing to
worry about.

025. Checking MIDI sequencer device /dev/sequencer...       BAD
(/dev/sequencer does not exist).
- ADVICE: use MAKEDEV script to create it.

Like it says, you can use MAKEDEV to make this device, or mknod (see the
man page).  You need to know the major and minor numbers and whether
this is a block or character device.  The MAKEDEV script probably has
that info (grep sequencer MAKEDEV) as well as one of the files in the
kernel source docs (devices.txt or something like that).

026. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL
(entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg registry file).
- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg doesn't seem to have been applied using
regapi.

Can't really help with this one.  Sorry.