[CLUE-Tech] Sparc ISO images?

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun May 26 15:42:51 MDT 2002

Jason Canney wrote:

> I'm looking for a Sparc ISO image of Linux.  Preferably red hat,,,, but any
> major distribution will do.  I tried downloading the debian version, and
> disks 1 and 2 are downloadable,,,, but disk 3 is missing from the download
> sites. <http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=2>

You may not ever need disk 3 from debian (they put stuff on in order of
usefullness).  If you get disk 1 you could install from that and do a
network install of other stuff that you might want.  Most of disk 2 and
3 is probably irrelevant.

For that matter, network installs usually work pretty well from
scratch.  All you need is 2 floppies and patience (though I don't
recommend anything slower than DSL).