[CLUE-Tech] which DVD software do you use?

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed May 29 21:20:02 MDT 2002

Hmm... I was referring to my video card (voodoo3 3000).  That's wierd that
you can't run hdparm on your drives.  I run 7.2 on this box, and for that
matter, all my other linux boxen don't mind having hdparm run on them.
Perhaps RH7.3 already does stuff like that for you?

Are you doing it as root, perhaps? You have to do it as root, otherwise,
it'll fail...  but I suspect you are doing that as root.

Then I'm not sure... Mine lets me do it just fine and dandy. You might
need to branch out onto other LUGs to find more people who run RH7.3. I
know of one in Kalamazoo, MI that has a few people running 7.3.

I don't know what to say-- it's always worked for me, although you might
want to do a man hdparm to find out more about it, maybe you have to set a
different dma mode, or something (or enable it in your BIOS?  I have no
idea).  Otherwise, if you rolled your own kernel, you may have taken it
out, or something (multimode, maybe).

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org