[CLUE-Tech] Solved! Re: OT: cygwin ncurses question

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Nov 15 11:02:17 MST 2002

David Anselmi wrote:
> Well, I tried ssh'ing from both cygwin and linux and it seems to be a
> cygwin problem.  A real live linux console displays dselect correctly
> over ssh, and a cygwin console does not.  So I'm off to the cygwin docs.
>
> BTW, from Dave Price's mutt experience I may not find a fix.  Yes, I do
> have ncurses on the cygwin system.

Google saves the day.  Once I figured out what I was doing, there's a
mail thread with the answer.  Put this in cygwin.bat before bash starts:

set CYGWIN=codepage:oem

Seems there's a disconnect between the codepage Windows uses (ansi) and
the one the termcap entry is for (oem).  Maybe this will even work for mutt.