[CLUE-Tech] Starband and Linux

rknech at pcisys.net rknech at pcisys.net
Fri Nov 15 14:08:39 MST 2002

Unfortunately I had to move to Nebraska from Denver because of needing to find a
Job. So Cabela's here I came.  The only problem is the only broadband internet
access available up here is DirectWav or Starband Satelite internet.  I have
narrowed it to Starband due to DirectWav being USB not Ethernet/RJ-45 capable,
and if it doens't work on a MAC I bet it isn't Linux Friendly. Supposedly
Starband can be set up to work with Linux.  I am wondering if anyone has done
this?  I want to hook up the Starband "internet receiver" to my Cisco 675 DSL
router if possible to use the internal routing/NET/ etc.. capabilites of it. and
be able to have my Linux/Windows system and my kids Windows PC share the
internet connection.  I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on dong this by any
chance?

Thanks for any help out there.