[CLUE-Tech] Belated alpha question.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Sat Nov 16 10:49:55 MST 2002

I know this is really late, but I checked the archives, and didn't find
any help there.

I'm installing debian (potato) on the alphastation. I've gotten it to
boot, I've run through the initial debian install phase, and can get it to
reboot on it's own.  However:

During the initial install process, it tells me to create bsd disklabels.
So I do.  Since it has two drives, I made it rather simple:

/dev/sda :  all for / [ leaving a few megs for aboot ]
/dev/sdb:
	- 200M for swap
	- rest for wherever

Clearly, since it reboots on it's own, it's doing something right, but
then it dies when it says it can't find a swap partition, even though I
created one, and mounted it previously.  Am I missing something?  When I
look at the drives using fdisk, sda seems to keep it's goods, but sdb
doesn't seem to.  Should I put the swap partition on the main drive, then?
I'll try that, but I'd much rather have swap on another drive. Oh, well.

Adam

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org