[CLUE-Tech] Transcribing shell sessions

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Tue Nov 19 20:38:26 MST 2002

Hi, all--

I need to capture some transcripts of interactive sessions,
including both bash shells and other interactive environments
such as the Python interpreter. Command history won't do it
because of the non-bash environments and because I need the
results as well as the commands.

I'm aware of the 'script' command, and it's more or less what
I need, except that the output preserves every keystroke,
including newlines, mistakes and their corrections, and so
on. Does anybody know of:

  A program like script, but that preserves the results of
  typing rather than each keystroke,

or

  A program that will remove the 'junk' from the script
  output.

?

Thanks for any leads.

--