[CLUE-Tech] cygwin question

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Tue Nov 19 22:31:29 MST 2002

Whilst running XF86 from within cygwin on a Windoze 2000 machine at work... I
fire up an xterm and attempt to telnet to a UNIX server on our LAN.  The
telnet command does not get me to a login prompt.  In fact, there is a pause
and then the shell command is returned as if I backgrounded the process
(i.e., $ telnet myserver &).  Of course, I didn't background it!

I think I confirmed that it's not a networking problem for two reasons.
First, I can use another telnet program from the same laptop.  Two, from the
same cygwin/xf86/xterm, I can $ ssh myserver just fine, thank you.

Anyone seen this?

Jeff
--
    planet earth (tm)