[CLUE-Tech] Transcribing shell sessions

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Nov 20 08:34:47 MST 2002

"Matt Gushee" <mgushee at havenrock.com> writes:

> > Perhaps 'screen' is another alternative?

We've been using screen for a few years now.  Very nifty program
indeed.  We use it for a simplistic logging system (i.e., capture all
the terminal output to a log).  Plus, the disconnect/reconnect
functionality very useful.  Screen sessions can be rejoined by several
individuals (if sharing has been setup).  Plus, by using "tail -f", or
similar, one person can watch another's interactions.

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Silencer - Kozmos - (4) - Missing Hope

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al