[CLUE-Tech] What do you want to hear?

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Nov 22 18:22:12 MST 2002

Not to scare anyone away, but I'm giving the CLUE talk in December.
This is another networking talk, sort of a "how to apply what we learned
last time" talk.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Useful tools: ethereal and netcat (we covered the basic commands last
time, and these are the two that I have used most).

- Troubleshooting UDP connectivity

- How DNS works

The last starts to get into application land, but I think it is
interesting because a) it uses UDP so it is a little different, and b)
it is the most important service users can see (IMHO).

I want to avoid security topics because that rapidly becomes an
unmanagable quantity of material.  I'd also like to keep this talk a
little shorter to allow time for questions and to get to Great Northern
at a reasonable hour (the last two talks were long and this may be our
last meeting at HK).

So, is that interesting enough to get you to come to the meeting?  What
would you like to hear instead or in addition?