[CLUE-Tech] Motherboard Recommendations

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Nov 22 18:55:30 MST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:41:53 -0700
Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:

> Hi, Folks--
>
> Well, I thought I was helping somebody with a fairly routine Linux
> installation, and I've ended up getting roped into helping him find a
> new motherboard
> Anyway, the priorities are reliability and support; performance is
> definitely secondary. The gentleman thinks highly of ASUS products,
> though he's not dead set on the brand. One product that I thought looked
> good is the Asus A7V333
>
> Anybody out there have experience with recent motherboards? I'd
> appreciate your recommendations.

Well, no recent experience. Abit seem to be well thought-of overall. Tyan
used to be in that category too, but I don't know if they still are.
Haven't ever heard a complaint on an ASUS either.

If they've got their CGI working again, the place I always look is
http://lhd.datapower.com/ - has user-reviews for all sorts of hardware.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5