[CLUE-Tech] Motherboard Recommendations

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Fri Nov 22 22:51:06 MST 2002

SOYO rules.  I use the Heck out of their motherboards and I have great
results in stability and compatibility with all my systems, and I
over-clock.

David Willson
exMCT, MCSE, Network+, A+, Linux Enthusiast
This message composed using closed-source, proprietary, virus-prone
software running on a closed-source, proprietary, fundamentally flawed
operating system, which in turn is running on a woefully outdated
computer with an overclocked processor.
http://TheGeek.NU

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us] On Behalf Of Matt Gushee
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 6:42 PM
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] Motherboard Recommendations

Hi, Folks--

Well, I thought I was helping somebody with a fairly routine Linux
installation, and I've ended up getting roped into helping him find a
new motherboard ... which is a bit beyond my expertise: I generally
don't pay a whole lot of attention to hardware, and I've never bought a
motherboard, period; I guess it's mainly because I have a working
Internet connection.

Anyway, the priorities are reliability and support; performance is
definitely secondary. The gentleman thinks highly of ASUS products,
though he's not dead set on the brand. One product that I thought looked
good is the Asus A7V333 ... but I can't find any information on how well
it works with Linux. In fact, overall I'm finding that there are almost
no motherboards that 1) are currently available, 2) have been reviewed
by sources that I believe to be trustworthy, and 3) are reported to work
well with Linux. So I'm at a loss here.

Anybody out there have experience with recent motherboards? I'd
appreciate your recommendations.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.