[CLUE-Tech] Motherboard Recommendations

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Sat Nov 23 12:02:57 MST 2002

Make sure you get a mobo that linux supports fully.  I just got a new MSI
motherboard, and linux doesn't support the IDE chipset well. It works, but
I have crappy transfer speeds, and transferring large amounts of data
makes it run terribly.

I've stayed away from the nForce chipset; I simply do not like it.  I
couldn't get a single thing to work with it in linux, but that was when it
was very new.  Support has perhaps grown since then.

ASUS has, and always will be, the best motherboard you can buy.  Abit,
MSI, and Gigabyte are nice, but hands down , asus...