[CLUE-Tech] another mp3 management query

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Wed Nov 27 11:09:09 MST 2002

Here's this week's challenge:

(maybe I should offer a prize for the best _working_ solution?)

has anyone found a way to make .iso images and burn same from a large
batch of 'nested' .mp3 files.

i.e. I have

mp3/artist/album/song...
mp3/artist/album2/song...
mp3/artist2/album/song...

etc...

I would like to image these off to cdr's in chunks of (prefereably)
artist, and at least complete albums.

I want the CDr's to be nearly full, but I don't care too much how things
get mixed around to achieve this.

A 'spanning' backup, while interesting is not appropriate here, as I
would like the resulting iso's/CD's to be completely useable independant
of any other files or CD's - i.e. on an alien player.

so far, I have bee sort of grepping the results of 'du' and building
mkisofs / cdrecord command lines by hand.

suggestions?

aloha,
dave