[CLUE-Tech] Linux / Sendmail issue

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Oct 1 05:29:42 MDT 2002

I'm trying to quietly wean a Microsoft shop over to Linux.

We've been running Red Hat and Sendmail 8.93 on an old pentium box, and
managed to demonstrate its superiority to their system[1].

Both servers in general alias organization addresses and forward the mail to
the users' ultimate email address.

We now want to go from one subdomain on the linux box to 80 or so subdomains.
The only O'Reilly Sendmail book I have at home is for v8.8, and quite vague.
Anyone have pointers to doc on configuring the box to handle mail for
multiple subdomains.  I'll have to stop by SoftPro and upgrade, I guess.  For
some reason my wife/accountant greets that statement as a threat of some sort.

[1] partly by training their users to file spamcop reports - the users keep
forgetting to unclick their site on the spam report and end up blocking
themselves - old and devious has its benefits.  Our standard response has
always been - "Our demo server blocked that spam - check your filtering".

Charles Oriez, coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Symantec issues an apology to Microsoft after the security software maker's
AntiVirus Research Center issues an alert for a "widespread and lethal virus
known to cause system crashes and data loss" that turns out to be the Windows
2000 operating system. Symantec CEO John Thompson calls it a 'regrettable but
understandable' mistake."
  -- Satire Wire Year 2000 Year in Review