[CLUE-Tech] Email Delivery Question

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Oct 1 10:20:06 MDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Chris K Chew wrote:

> >Dave Hahn:
> >It's a nasty trick spammers use, but, it keeps their machines
> >from being blocked an generally caused a pain in the butt for
> >everyone else.
>
> About the message specifically, the recipients look like possible log files.
> Maybe it is an exchange or domino exploit?  I tried search the security
> focus lists but didn't find anything.  Is there anything interesting in the
> message contents that might help identify it?

The message appeared to be a bunch of html formated chinese characters.  I did
a google groups search on seed.net.tw and got a ton of hits from the
news.admin.net-abuse.sightings list.

If your interested I could forward it to you directly.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/
Stats:    10:15am up 64 days, 12:15, 1 user, load average: 1.01, 1.00, 1.00