[CLUE-Tech] Linux / Sendmail issue

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Oct 1 10:37:40 MDT 2002

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 09:30 am, Dave Hahn wrote:
> When you say subdomains do you mean somewhere.company.com (in addition to
> company.com) or anotherorganization.org?

I mean rmc.sierraclub.org, utah.sierraclub.org, hoosier.sierraclub.org, etc

> The sendmail.org website has a virutal doamins document that may have what
> you need.

looks like the answer.  quick glance in the bat book looks positive.

> Also, have you looked at qmail?  After years of sendmail'ing I've found it
> to be a welcome change.  However, it is much easier to start out with qmail
> than to go sendmail, get it running, get users and virtuals established,
> and then change.

I hesitate to have the sysadmin learning something new while we're stumbling
through the setup

thanks for the answer though

Charles Oriez, coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Symantec issues an apology to Microsoft after the security software maker's
AntiVirus Research Center issues an alert for a "widespread and lethal virus
known to cause system crashes and data loss" that turns out to be the Windows
2000 operating system. Symantec CEO John Thompson calls it a 'regrettable but
understandable' mistake."
  -- Satire Wire Year 2000 Year in Review