[CLUE-Tech] Spam filters.

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Oct 1 13:00:21 MDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, David Anselmi wrote:

> This article
>
> http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.22.html#subj15
>
> references a spam tool based on statistics rather than keyword filters
> and block lists.  Might be interesting to those running spam filters.

That is interesting.  I'm going to look into this more.  I read the "Plan
for Spam" doc recommended by ESR, which is his basis for the development of
bogofilter.

A statistical based approach should be better than "scores" based on key
words.  The "Plan for Spam" went as far as suggesting each user build their
own baseline with a collection of their own non-spam email.

However, I can't tell how far ESR's bogofilter goes, as the REAME and manual
are pretty light.  Guess I'll have to install and play.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy