Of Editors and Makefiles (was Re: [CLUE-Tech] LINUX Programming Fundamentals)

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Mon Oct 7 17:39:19 MDT 2002

Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at americanisp.net> writes:

> good professor/instructor, they will usually note the tab issue as a gotcha
> (along with others, like 0-based indexing, = vs. ==[1], the importance of

Yeah.  I hate code that forces a format.  Having never done FORTRAN77,
I needed to help a friend with a project.  So I fired up good ol'
emacs and had it "tell" me what to do.  emacs understands how to
format makefiles (highlighting the TAB v. space issue) as well as
formatting just about every other text based programming language I've
come across.  A real life saver!

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Rocky Soundtrack -  - (1) - Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme)

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al