[CLUE-Tech] debian mirrors

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Oct 10 21:42:25 MDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:28:49PM -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:

> I'm giving debian my first try, and I was wondering if any of you debian
> fans could recommend a favorite mirror to put in my apt list?
>
> I didn't see any of the local Uni's listed in the mirrors :(

I used to like the U of Michigan archive--it was complete, up-to-date,
and *very* fast. But they seem to have dropped Debian, or shut out
non-university people, or something.

I don't really have a favorite right now. But if you want to get a sense
of the download speeds, there's a program called netselect that will
help. You feed it a list of hosts, and it tries them all and outputs
statistics. It's pretty cool.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.