[CLUE-Tech] PHP Sessions and Cookies: Brain Cramp

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Oct 12 22:07:07 MDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 09:42:51PM -0600, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> Finally, when I wonder about cookies, I will telnet to my web box and do a GET
> on the URL, so I can view the headers outside of the browser.
>
> $ telnet www.yourserver.com 80
> GET /jed/login.php

Whoa, now that is cool! I had no idea you could do that with Telnet.
Certainly useful; however, I just tried it on my Web site, and the
server returned the document at the requested URL, but no headers. Are
there any command options or environment variables that might affect
that?

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.