[CLUE-Tech] Building Kernel w/Debian

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 09:53:49 MDT 2002

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 08:50:39AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 08:23:48AM -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:
>
 > gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -c -o tkparse.o tkparse.c
> > tkparse.c:48: stdio.h: No such file or directory
> > tkparse.c:49: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
> > tkparse.c:50: string.h: No such file or directory

> Wow. Missing stdio.h, stdlib.h, and string.h? Damn near every C program
> includes them. Do you have libc6-dev installed?

These files should be in /usr/include, IIRC, this value is hardcoded
into GCC (actually the CPP) at build time.  If you haven't done any
futzing with GCC or /usr/include, I would determine which debian package
these belong to and just force a reinstall.  Ironically, they probably
belong to the libc package...