[CLUE-Tech] PHP Sessions and Cookies: Brain Cramp

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Oct 13 09:42:25 MDT 2002

On 10-12 22:38, Jed S. Baer wrote:
<snip>

> So, reloading this thing continually, I get a different session id each
> time, and, obviously, $thecnt = 1. The burgers/fries cookie does get set.
                                                              ^^^^
You mean doesn't, right? I wonder if this has anything to do with a
fully-qualified domain? I see you are using localhost - don't cookies use
the domain (along with an optional path) to store/retrieve? What would it do
with "localhost"? Just a guess.

I'm not really sure what the session stuff has to do with the cookie in your
simple script. Is there any way you can try it without that in there? In any
case, I'm puzzled why you would get a different session each reload? It
sounds like Mozilla/Galeon is rejected even memory-only cookies, too.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist
does the better.
-Andre Gide
(contributed by Chris Johnston)