[CLUE-Tech] How to make Linux recognize IDE tape drive?

Adam A. G. Shamblin signal9 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 14 07:44:02 MDT 2002

> That last line says something about hdd <-> ht0.  However, doing a
> "ls -la /dev/hdd" or "ls -la /dev/ht0" still gets a "file not found"
> message.  Any clues on what the next step should be so that I can actually
> *access* the drive?
>
>                    --Dave

Aren't tape devices generally accessed w/out a filesystem?  If that's the case, you will likely need to use tar to extract data from the device.

--
Adam A. G. Shamblin	<signal9 at earthlink.net>

And they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
for if you hit a man with a plowshare,
he's going to know he's been hit.