[CLUE-Tech] Video card problems (different card)

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Mon Oct 14 13:51:36 MDT 2002

Recently, my display seems to have really taken a turn for the worse.
I am seeing a kind of smearing on rows where I have dark areas.  For
example, my emacs background is a light grey and the text is black.
As of a couple of days ago, any line which contains text, appears
smeared across the entire row of the monitor.

So, does anyone have a guess as to why this happens?

BTW, I have an nvidia Vanta.  I have seen a similar card fail with the
same visual result.  Are these cards really that bad?  Is it heat
related?

I really at a lose as to why this happens and what I can do about it
in the future.

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Metallica - Reload - () - The unforgiven II

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al