[CLUE-Tech] acrobat error

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Tue Oct 15 15:55:07 MDT 2002

Thad,
I ran into exactly the same problem so it probably is somebody's bug, but I'm
not sure if it is RedHat or Adobe. I actually upgraded acroread from 4.x to
5 at the same time that I upgraded Red Hat.
Anyways, the answer was to edit the acroread startup script:
/usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread
to add the following lines near the top of the file:
LANG=en_US
export LANG

I hope that helps you.

--