[CLUE-Tech] using procmail to send a message to a script?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Oct 20 16:32:30 MDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:14:52 -0600
Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> wrote:

> I have a procmail recipe that can identify a specific message and move
> it to a folder, but I would like to send it thru a perl script  before
> sending it to the folder.
>
> The perl script strips all the ads out of the message and retains just
> the pertinant text from the body - any idea how to go about this.

Dave, there was a great article in either Linux Magazine, or Linux
Journal, on just this topic. I'm running late getting out of the house
(and I'm not sure which box they're in) so I can't look for it just now.
Maybe some web searching will find it.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5