[CLUE-Tech] sound card config

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Sun Oct 20 22:00:45 MDT 2002

On Sunday, 20 October 2002 at 20:52:59 -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > >cc00-cc3f : Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI]
> >
> > So you probably want the 1370 driver rather than the 1371 (see, now you
> > get to recompile rather than just changing out modules).
>
> I didn't think there was an option for a 1370 driver, and I did find mention
> on several newsgroup posts that the 1371 will drive the 1370 chipset cards.
> Perhaps that was bad info....I don't know.  So, to double check I just grepped
> through my kernel config file and see there is an es1370, so I'll build it in
> and see if I have better luck.  I sure don't know why I didn't see that option
> in the xconfig screen.

Well, my recompile with ES1370 worked, and I get sound when I cat an audio
file to /dev/audio.  However, I can't get any sound out of xmms.  I get an
error box with the following message:

	Please check that:

	1. You have the correct output plugin selected
	2. No other programs is blocking the soundcard
	3. Your soundcard is configured properly

I've been through the xmms preferences menu several times, swithing
the output plugin, but none seem to work.

I know there are several xmms users on the list...any tips?
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy