[CLUE-Tech] using procmail to send a message to a script?

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Mon Oct 21 08:08:21 MDT 2002

Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> writes:

> I have a procmail recipe that can identify a specific message and move
> it to a folder, but I would like to send it thru a perl script  before
> sending it to the folder.

I set this up not to long ago myself.

No wait.  I just lied to you sorry.  I setup _fetchmail_ to redirect
the mail.  Sorry.

Actually, I did look this up.  Try the procmailex(5) manpage.

Here is a mail driven print server from the examples page:

:0 b
* ^From[ :].*print-server
* B ?? ^^%!
| lpr

If you really care about your email, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read the
procmailrc and procmailex manpages first!

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Rocky Soundtrack -  - (1) - Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme)

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al