[CLUE-Tech] Another procmail/perl question.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Oct 21 13:15:18 MDT 2002

Well, if this doesn't put the 'sha' in sha-zam:

I too, need some help with parsing inboxes.  Currently, things are set up
like this:

:0
 * ^To.*\/[a-zA-Z0-9\.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9\.]+
/home/test/mail/$MATCH

This will accept the mail, then store it in a folder with the name of the
'To:' header bit.

This email is set up as a catchall for a domain for testing, and I
currently have an perl script that parses this.

anyway, I've been asked to do this:  If the email is say, an out of office
reply, or anything BUT rejected mail, I need to forward it to a specified
address for when we get things ramped up.  So, for my previous script's
needs, I need to be able to store it according to whom it is addressed to,
but then, each night, I need to parse it for specified Subject lines in
order to auto-forward.

what I need is a perl module that will allow me to open up a mail spool
and parse it one 'email' at a time.  I'm looking at Mail::Folder, but I'm
wondering if any of you have info on this subject.

Eh? Eh? I'm willing to take what I can get...

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org
[ http://www.glaven.org ]