[CLUE-Tech] Brain-Dead SuSE Questions

Warren warren at guano.org
Tue Oct 22 00:20:24 MDT 2002

Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

 >> What's the SuSE equivalent of /etc/cron.daily ?  That is, where
 >> can I drop a script to get executed daily (or hourly, weekly,
 >> etc)?  Or, does one simply use 'at'?

 > I'm running SuSE 8.0 and using /etc/cron.daily, cron.weekly, etc.

Not only brain-dead, but blind, too.  The directory structure was right
there in front of me, but, somehow, missed it on the first listing.
 ...emergency over...

 >> Also, what is the SuSE equivalent of RH's 'ntsysv'?  Or, do you
 >> just use chkconfig?

 > rctab or ksysv perhaps if KDE's installed.

Hmmm... 'ksysv' sounds like a good one under X.

Of course, there's also SuSEconfig.

Speaking of a poor memory, I googled for the answer and found that I
had asked this very same question on this list earlier this year.

 --

 </W>   ...who's catching up on a lot of old mail...