[CLUE-Tech] ATT remote access (almost solved)

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Tue Oct 22 11:45:16 MDT 2002

Here is an update...

I can get into the NAT'd system from a machine connected outside of the
ATT network.  My port-forwarding work on the Linksys router was done
correctly.

It turns out that the two machines I am trying to connect together
are on the same router in the ATT cable head-end (they are in the
same neighborhood).  There is a 'feature' in the router which effects
the routing within the head-end router (?!)

There also appears to be a typo in the ATT DHCP setup that gets the
netmask wrong (by a few powers of 2).

ATT is on the case, and assures me that they can fix the issue. Once I
got thru to the right tech, it was quite pleasant.  They have seen a
similar issue on Cisco 7200 routers before - This one is an ADC 'CUDA.

But I am not going crazy (yet).

aloha,
dave