[CLUE-Tech] promailrc switches

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Mon Oct 21 14:17:54 MDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 12:32:28PM -0700, David Guntner wrote:

> There is no "f" flag, and "b" should be "B".  Also, by "body," it's not
> controlling what's going into a filter, it's controlling what part of the
> message procmail is looking at.  Without the "B" flag, procmail only looks
> at the message header.  Your above example worked because "Subject" is
> within the message header and thus procmail found a match, which caused it
> to then pipe the message to your script.
>
> man proxmailrc  will fully explain what flags exist and what they do.
>
> man proxmailex  will provide some examples for recipes.

I dispute your 'corrections' - from the procmailrc man page:

       b    Feed the body to the pipe, file or  mail  destination
	        (default).

	   f    Consider the pipe as a filter.

The B - would indeed do something, but not what I want here, I want to
match the header, leave it alone, and pass just the body to my filter:

       H    Egrep the header (default).

	   B    Egrep the body.

The :0fbw example came right out of the linux-mag.com article, and I had
already RTFM'd.

aloha,
dave