[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet is in Denver

Warren warren at guano.org
Tue Sep 3 01:23:53 MDT 2002

"Crawford Rainwater" <crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com> wrote:

 > Speed: Typical speeds of 176 Kbps, with bursts to 400 kbps.
 > Access: Unlimited Internet access within the coverage area.
 > Cost:  $99.95 modem purchase, $44.95 per month Standard Service
 > charge.

OK, so how does this compare to my AT&T Broadband connection?  (with
which, by the way, I've been pretty happy)

I stopped paying attention to what AT&T claims is the maximum download
speed.  Has anyone here with a cable modem actually painstakingly
measured what kind of performance they're getting?

Since I moved out here to Lakewood, it *seems* that my bandwidth has
increased.  Or, at least AnySpeed on an NT box is telling me that.

 --

 </W>