[CLUE-Tech] Moving existing MBOX client file into Postfix on Linux

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 15:01:41 MDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I have a weird question.  I have converted a few thousand messages of mail
from Outlook Express downloaded on a Windows client to MBOX format.  Also I
have recently installed Mandrake 8.2 on a machine.

My question is: How can I transfer these MBOX email messages from the client
to the Postfix "inbox" on my Mandrake machine?  My ultimate goal is to run
PROCMAIL against these messages to filter out some spam and delete duplicate
messages (this is "backwards" or "reverse" processing of email, I know.)

Would this be as simple as copying the MBOX from the client machine to the
Linux server into the proper directory of a fresh Postfix installation?

I have the Mandrake system installed but have no idea whether this scenario is
possible, or how to go about it.

Any ideas appreciated.

====Keith