[CLUE-Tech] clock skew

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sun Sep 15 15:28:02 MDT 2002

...setting it to UTC is the recommended practice, unless you are
running a broken OS that can't understand UTC...

This is exactly what I am doing, dual-booting (actually,
triple-booting).  Linux is my daily-use OS, but occasionally, I need to
boot Windows to do something that I can't yet do in Linux, like used my
Visioneer OneTouch 8100 scanner, or play Total Annihilation with my
friends, or run an Active Directory tool, or whatever.

...use 'ntpdate' (which you might need to install). You can then sync your clock every day to, say, time.nist.gov, which is the official US atomic clock up in Boulder...

And I'm doing this, too.  But I don't connect every day, and in a day, I
lose over 24 MINUTES!  So, not a good enough solution, unless I want to
stay home all the time so I'll have a connection to 'time.nist.gov' or
'zeus.tamu.edu'.