[CLUE-Tech] rcp

bof bof at pcisys.net
Mon Sep 16 14:28:36 MDT 2002

Friedman, Jason wrote:

>I'm trying to rcp files from one machine to another.  All are on my
>local subnet, and all are firewall-free.

I had so much trouble getting the r* commands to work under the same
conditions that I finally gave up and used ssh and scp. I don't remember
exactly what the problem was, but it dealt with the authentication
process not working as it was supposed to.

It took about an hour to get ssh up and running from scratch, most of
which was reading the manual since I had never done it.

You might want to consider it instead.

BOF