[CLUE-Tech] Simple Keyboard Question

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Sep 18 00:43:29 MDT 2002

Dusty Campbell wrote:
> I have an MS Natural Keyboard with a standard PS/2 plug.
>
> I also tried another MS PS/2 keyboard with the same results.  The
> keyboard will also work through the boot loader so I think that I have
> something either incorrect in one of the boot scripts or perhaps in the
> kernal.

Try entering "init=/bin/bash" at the lilo prompt when you boot.  Then
the kernel will run bash instead of init and you'll get a prompt without
any boot scripts run.  Then try the keyboard.  If it works, your problem
is likely the boot scripts.  If not, it is probably your kernel or
something earlier.

If you suspect a kernel problem, how did you get the kernel you're using?