[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Tue Sep 24 19:49:25 MDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:03:00PM -0600, David Anselmi wrote:

> This is your chance to tell me what you'd like to hear.  I'm planning to
> organize things around the protocol layers.  Maybe a step by step
> configuration talk would be a good thing to do at an installfest.

It seems that the two biggest issues for many are the physical
connections (crossovers, etc) & routing (gateways, netmasks, default
routes) - please be sure to include a discussion of NAT and the linux
tools that accomplish it (iptables & ipchains).  Let's make the
discussion real-world applicable and not just IP theory - the best way
to learn IP is to run it in an environment you understand; linux is a
great tool for this.

aloha,
dave