[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Sep 25 13:11:04 MDT 2002

Dave Price wrote:

> It seems that the two biggest issues for many are the physical
> connections (crossovers, etc) & routing (gateways, netmasks, default
> routes) - please be sure to include a discussion of NAT and the linux
> tools that accomplish it (iptables & ipchains).  Let's make the
> discussion real-world applicable and not just IP theory - the best way
> to learn IP is to run it in an environment you understand; linux is a
> great tool for this.

I will definately do connections (hadn't thought of it, thanks!) and
routing (and that will probably fill the first talk).  I hadn't thought
to do NAT or firewalling because those are more advanced topics (the way
I see it, anyway).  But that may be a better way to do the second talk
than what I had planned.

Is there more interest in NAT and iptables than PPP?