[CLUE-Tech] Any one using Vaio with DSC-P50?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Sep 28 12:42:58 MDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 11:43, Stephen Lehr wrote:

> Your last 2 postings to this list have no text body that I can find.  For
> what it's worth. . .

Hi Stephen,

Two reasons its probably not coming through:

  1) I'm using Evolution (http://www.ximian.com/) and am GPG-signing
     (http://www.gnupg.org/) most my outgoing email.  For this one
     email, I'm intentionally *NOT* signing it so that you'll be able
     to read it.

  2) Your email client and/or your email filtering is garbage.
     I almost never use MS products, but I've heard that both MS
     LookOut and certain Norton email virus-scanners will not
     correctly handle PGP/GPG-signed emails.  And according to
     your headers, you're using:

I strongly suggest that you upgrade your email client and/or examine
your email filtering rules.  If you want, I'll be happy to send a few
more signed emails so that you can test your upgrades/fixes.

Ed

ps - I've forwarded this to the CLUE TECH list since its certainly
     on-topic.  How many other folks are suffering with PGP/GPG
     problems due to broken email filters/scanners and/or clients?

     OK, lets see a show of hands...  ;-)

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311