[CLUE-Tech] the ongoing search for an exchange replacement

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Tue Apr 1 14:05:41 MST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:11:08AM -0700, Mike Staver wrote:
> I would like to get some opinions on your favorite mail/calendar servers
> available for linux.  I know a church that I've offered to do some
> network/server work for since they can't afford to actually hire

I was looking into group aware calendars recently.  There are several
Web-based groupware calendars that are worth looking at.  Here is a
features list I put together that might help.  I got busy with real work
and never really played with any of them.  All offer calendaring, plus
a whole lot more.

You'll want to view this message with a mono spaced font (e.g. Courier) to
see the ascii table line up correctly.

Open Source web-based groupware/group calendar packages:

                    imap               time            bug   news- proj  file
project web site    mail cal addr todo card chat forum track notes track share
------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

phprojekt.com        x    x   x     x    x    x    x     x     x     x     x

moregroupware.org    x    x   x     x                          x

tutos.org            x    x   x     x    x               x     x     x     x

phpgroupware.org     x    x   x     x                          x           x

mimerdesk.org             x   x     x         x    x           x           x

collaboffice.sf.net  x    x   x     x         x                x           x

twig.screwdriver.net x    x   x     x              x

amphora.ee/freeware  x    x   x     x              x                       x

Notes:

1. A few systems offer syncing to MS Outlook, Palms:
   phprojekt addon-PHPOraSync; amphora light

2. Most of above use php, apache, mysql or postgresql, this list represents
   the open source projects with high popularity or recent update activity.

3. All seem to be browser independent: IE, Netscape, Mozilla, etc.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/