[CLUE-Tech] Total newbie here....it's not easy being green ;)

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 21:07:35 MDT 2003

I believe I must have, but I'm unclear as to the exact numbers.  What I
do know is that I tried them all except the latest RH beta which is due
to come out shortly unless it has come out within the last few weeks, in
which case I didn't try it.  I know there was a thread and Jeffery Cann
indicated Mandrake 9.1 had come out.  I've only been using 9.1 for a few
weeks.  So it is possible that I haven't tried the latest RH but one
thing I noticed on the last RH I did try was that there is very little
difference between the look of KDE and Gnome on Red Hat as they have
their own icon set for both.  Also for what ever reason RH was slow on
my K6/2-500.  So that was another issue.  So it is possible that RH is
as good as or better than Mandrake, but I see new people coming into
Linux and they seem to be directed to RH and I haven't been convinced it
is necessarily the best way to go for someone without experience.
 Therefore, I just wanted to bring up the fact that there might possibly
be a better alternative.